Welcome to the Environmental Education Program at the University of Alabama Arboretum, where science and fun work together! The mission of the Arboretum’s Environmental Education Program is to instill an appreciation for the natural world through education that is both interesting and fun. The program makes use of the flora and fauna native to the ecological zones of the state.
Field Trip Information
To schedule a field trip for your class, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form.
- Cost of the trip is $3.00 per student. This cost is for materials’ fees. We provide all the materials for the activities.
- There is a maximum of 40 students per field trip that can be accommodated at the Arboretum.
- Fieldtrips can be scheduled for Tuesday through Friday. These dates are set up on a first come first serve basis. If you want to utilize the Environmental Education Program to supplement your classroom teaching calling as early in the year as possible is advised. The Coordinator will be in the office Monday mornings from 8:30 am – 11:00 am.
- Appropriate clothing is required at the Arboretum. Students should wear long pants and shoes that cover their feet, i.e., NO SANDALS and NO SHORTS.
- Teachers of grades 2 and higher must have all students participating in the fieldtrip sign a Medical Release form and a Release of Liability form before being able to go up on the treelab platforms. The treelab platforms are part of the TreeTopology program developed by C.H.O.M. and the Arboretum.
- Name tags and group names–The field trip run more smoothly if the students have name tags and have already been divided into groups. It is more fun and more personal for the students if they have group names, such as, oak, daisy, rose, ants, etc. that match the day’s theme.
|List of Series|
|Flower Power||Food Chain||Habitats|