Students take a walk through the Arboretumâs forest to find the different flowers in bloom at that time and look closely at the differences found in flowers.
Materials Needed: Arboretum, Trails
- Docent takes students on a walk through the woods to look at the flowers in bloom and experience the beauty of the Arboretum.
- Docent will prompt students to make connections to the ideas learned from other activities to put knowledge into practice and see how different flowers are structured.
Alabama Course of Study for Science
This activity meets goals specified for grades:
- K–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 14, 15
- 1st–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 20, 24
- 2nd–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 20, 21
- 3rd–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4
- 4th–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4
- 5th–#âs 1, 2, 3, 4,
Students will enjoy the beauty of the natural outdoors and how flowers play an important part of the beauty attributed to nature.
Students will be able to:
- synthesize new knowledge about flowers.
- discover the many flowers that grow in the Arboretum.
- enjoy the natural outdoors offered by the Arboretum.