Conceptual Framework: Predator-prey relationships, Food chains, Food webs, Energy flow
- Divide students into pairs and give each pair an owl pellet.
- Have the students separate the bones from the fur and feathers.
- Make groups of skulls and similar bones. Try to determine using resource guides what type of animals the bones came from.
- Lay out the bones to form as many skeletons as possible. Glue skeletons on poster board and label.
- Make a drawing of a food chain including the owl, its prey, and what its prey eats.
- Discuss the similarities of each pairâs findings.