The Friends of the Arboretum help to support the Arboretum financially, through volunteering, and by organizing fundraisers. By joining, you will help the Arboretum to
- Enhance and expand the teaching, research, and outreach programs of the Arboretum while keeping the sense of place that has made it special
- Develop a program for conserving plants native to Alabama and participate in national and international plant conservation efforts
- Become nationally recognized as a leader in hands-on science education and teacher training by serving a diverse audience through programs for all ages
- Model and teach best practices in natural resource management, conservation, and sustainability
- Provide enhanced opportunities for appreciation of nature through the arts and recreation
- Engage the local community as partners in Arboretum activities and programs
- Achieve the highest level of accreditation through ArbNet, an international organization of arboreta
To learn more, download our membership brochure (pdf).
Members receive an array of benefits. Each gift level receives the benefits listed plus all benefits that precede it.
Wildflower $20 – student ID required
- Car decal
- Recognition on Arboretum website and newsletter
- Arboretum inspired gift
- Discounted education programs and events
- Invitation to special member events
- Free reservation of Arboretum Pavilion or Children’s Garden
- Private tour with the Arboretum Director
- Free reservation of Tree Platform
- Classroom experience—a plant specialist will visit the classroom of your choice for a science lesson
- Free reservation of Arboretum Amphitheater
- Additional customized benefits including sponsored tree
Druid Circle $5000 and above
- Additional customized benefits including sponsored area
Custom corporate sponsorships and benefits are available upon request. Possible opportunities include advertisements, event sponsorship, named trees, and dedicated areas at the Arboretum.
How to Join
To join, please fill out the Friends of the Arboretum pledge card (pdf), and send it to Friends of the Arboretum, The University of Alabama, Box 870268, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487.
If you would like to join at the Wildflower level, please include a photocopy of your student ID.
You may also join online at www.give.ua.edu. Search for the fund “Friends of the Arboretum” and enter your desired gift amount.
Would you like to receive up-to-date information about the happenings at the Arboretum? Register for the Friends of the Arboretum email list! You’ll receive information about Arboretum events, news, and other items of interest to our Friends (The list will not be shared or sold).
To subscribe, send an email to LISTSERV@listserv.ua.edu with SUBSCRIBE FOA in the body of the email. Do not add anything else to the email; you don’t even need to give the email a subject.
You should receive a confirmation telling you that you have been added and explaining the various functions of the listserv.